Moroccan Sesame Potatoes
photo by JelsMom
- Ready In:
- 1 lb baking potato
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons harissa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1 -2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 - 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon flaked sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Peel potatoes and cut into large chunks. In small bowl, combine harissa, olive oil, salt, and sesame seeds.
- Toss potatoes with with harissa mixture until evenly coated.
- Spray baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray (or line with non-stick foil).
- Arrange potatoes in single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, turn, and bake 15-20 minutes until potatoes tender and lightly browned.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice over potatoes and sprinkle with flaked sea salt.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Easy & a new way with potatoes for us. I was very careful in measuring the harissa, but found it to be just fine here. It added an element of heat, but not blow the top of your head off heat. The toasted sesame seeds were a definite star. They added a nice nutty flavor to the seasoned potatoes. Served with Recipe #385834
What a great recipe-wonderful flavor w/ just a few ingredients! Only change I made was the method of cooking-I parboiled potatoes first, added seasonings, and kept in fridge until dinnertime. I then placed in foil pan and grilled outside on med- high heat for about 30 minutes. I served w/ Recipe #15580, Recipe #129323, Recipe #94225 for a fabulous Moroccan meal. Thank you for a great recipe!!!