Moroccan Chicken over Couscous
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1. To make the chicken: Rub the chicken thighs with cumin and a generous sprinkling of salt and pepper.
- 2. In a large, high-sided skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken thighs and brown the skin, 7 to 10 minutes per side.
- 3. Add the 2 cups of chicken stock. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce the heat to medium-low; allow the stick to simmer 20 minutes.
- 4. Add the chopped mint and the sliced or chopped olives. Continue cooking 15 to 20 minutes, or until the chicken is tender.
- 5. Remove the lid, increase the heat to high, and reduce the sauce 3 to 5 minutes, until slightly thickened. Add additional salt if desired.
- 6. To make the couscous: In a medium saucepan, heat the 2 cups of chicken stock until just boiling, add the couscous and salt and cover. Remove from the heat and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork.
- 7. Serve the couscous on a plater with the chicken on top. Spoon the sauce over it and garnish with mint leaves.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!