Morg Kebab (Iranian Skewered Chicken)
- Ready In:
- Keeping the pieces large, remove as much meat as possible from the joints and cut it into pieces.
- Combine the onion and lemon juice in a bowl, add the chicken and marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Drain and combine the butter or ghee with the marinade.
- Thread the meat onto lightly greased skeweres and cook over glowing coals or - on a preheated grill - for 5 minutes or until the meat is tender.
- Baste with the marinade and turn once.
- Serve with melted butter, and Borani Esfanaj (Iranian Spinach Salad) and Chilau (Iranian Rice) (posted separately).
Join The Conversation
I made this for 'zaar tag. I halved the recipe, and used chicken breasts, cut in strips instead of cut up pieces. It was so simple I had to resist the urge to add more spices to it, but it really doesn't need more. We really liked it. My kids have renamed it 'Lemonated Chicken'. The lemon flavour really comes through strongly, which we prefer. This would be good served with a cumin yoghurt dip. I think this will be a regular at our house, because it used such simple ingredients.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
July 2008 update: VERY happy to be back on Zaar after about a two year absence due to having had no internet connection at home, and having been too unwell for a time so that getting re-connected wasn't even a priority! <br> <br>And really looking forward to getting back into the Zaar world and connecting again with the many wonderful people I knew before, and new people, of course!