Mom's Scrumptious Applesauce Pork Chops
photo by Northwestgal
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 cups cinnamon applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 4 pork chops
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a skillet, brown the pork chops.
- Line a jellyroll pan with aluminum foil for easy clean-up.
- Place browned pork chops on pan and divide the brown sugar into fourths.
- Top each pork-chop with the divided sugar.
- Spread the applesauce out over the pork chops.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until tender. Make sure to check at the 45 minute mark.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I thought the layer of brown sugar and cinnamon over the pork chops was delectable. The applesauce contributed a wonderful natural sweetness from the applesauce that fits well with pork chops, but it would benefit from additional seasoning. I'm not sure which spices I will add, but I will definitely make this again and experiment to find the right spice combination that boosts the flavor a bit. I made this for one of my Pick-A-Chef choices, and it was another good choice. Thanks Babycat.
We were not crazy about this. The problem was the texture mainly. I would try this again with some adjustments. I would use less applesauce and would try leaving it uncovered. We did like the flavor of the cinnamon, applesauce and brown sugar, but the amount of moisture once the applesauce "liquified" made the meat too tender (not in a good way, spongy almost). I think leaving it uncovered should fix that.