Mom's Italian Meatballs
These are very cheesey. Unfortunately, they can fall apart while frying. If they do, just scrape up the bits and put that in your spaghetti sauce also. It's hard not to eat them all up as they come out of the pan, they're that good.
- Ready In:
- 4 slices dry bread
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1⁄2 lb grated parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Soak bread in some water for 2 or 3 minutes, then squeeze out moisture.
- Combine bread with everything else except olive oil, mixing well.
- Form in small balls (about 20).
- Brown slowly in oil, watching closely to prevent scorching.
- Add to spaghetti sauce.
- Cook 30 minutes in the sauce.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
I made these as a "stand alone" dish to eat with cheesy pasta and my family COULD NOT get enough!! These were great! I used fresh cheeses,fresh oregano, and fresh basil. These are very flavorful and I will be making these often. Very easy- just keep moving them around til cooked b/c they will stick. Made for Witchin' Kitchen of ZWT7.
These are fantastic meatballs and you're right, they are hard not to eat out of the pan! I love the flavor of the parmesan cheese and so did my family. They only fell apart a little for me and that was fine because I just put them into my spaghetti sauce. These will be my favorite meatballs for spaghetti from now on. I made this for "zaar tag".