Mom's Fruit Salad
- Ready In:
- 3 bananas, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb seedless grapes, halved
- 4 ounces maraschino cherries, halved
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, well drained
- 1 can mandarin orange, well drained (may use fresh oranges)
- 2 golden delicious apples, cut in chunks
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 pint fresh whipping cream
- almond extract
- Prepare fruits and put all together in a large bowl.
- Mix whipping cream with 6 tsp of sugar and 1/4 tsp almond extract.
- Add a couple of tablespoons of cherry juice to make it a pretty pink and give it extra flavor.
- Add marshmallows and whipped cream to fruit and chill until ready to serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Hi I wanted to let you know that I am an Extension Nutrition Educator for our County and I used Mom's Fruit Salad Recipe #19450 in one of my classes and my class just loved it. Then we discussed what else you could add to the recipe and came up with some ideas. Like walnuts, pecans, raisins, peaches and so forth, but we all loved it!!! Thank you Sandra F. Jones
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hi, I live in the Ozark mountains in north central Arkansas. I'm married to Jerry for 27 years now and he had our two kids when we married. I didn't have any so he gave me his and I was happy to get them!8-) We have two other boys, JJ and Andy who are a daschund and a maltese respectively. JJ left us to go to doggy heaven in 2004. Now we have another Maltese and her name is Keisha. I usually call her "Keter-bug". I worked with developmentally delayed individuals in a state Human Development Center for 12 years and wouldn't change it for anything else. My favorite cookbook would have to be Joy of Cooking because it's like a Cook's Bible...if you can't find something anywhere else you will find it in there. I don't use it all the time but if I have a question it's the first place I turn. The one I use the most is a Louisiana Junior League cookbook called "Cotton Country Cooking". It has everyday food in it that is what we like to eat the most. I've cooked just about anything I can think of from lobster to raccoon. We even cooked turtle. The thing that I really get peeved about is when people try to be someone they aren't. If you are just yourself you'll come a lot nearer to being who you want to be which is probably accepted and liked by all. I'd like to go to Europe if I had a month off. I've always wanted to go to France because that's where one side of my ancestors are from, England and Wales since that is where the other side originates and then Scotland where even others are from. I think everyone should know their heritage.