Mom's Blonde Brownies
photo by puppitypup
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13 pan.
- Melt shortening, then mix in brown sugar and water, then mix in eggs and vanilla.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt together, then combine with other ingredients.
- Stir in chocolate chips and spread in pan.
- Bake for 30 or until done.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Very easy to throw together, but I had some trouble baking them. The first time I made these, I baked them for 30 minutes. At this point they sure looked done, but it turned out they were not cooked through. So I tried again, this time cooking them about 37 minutes. They still were a bit gooey and sweet for my personal tastes, but boy the kids did not agree w/ my assessment--they inhaled these, and so did the neighbors kids. Thanks Julie!