Moist Chocolate Flax Muffins
photo by joeknee
- Ready In:
- 1⁄3 cup ground almonds
- 2⁄3 cup flax seed meal
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate square
- 1 tablespoon powdered milk
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup sugar-free vanilla syrup (I used DaVinci French Vanilla)
- Oven 350 degrees. Makes 9 muffins.
- Mix first 5 ingredients and set aside.
- In medium sized microwave safe bowl, add the chocolate block and slowly, gently melt in microwave, stirring every ten seconds. Dont burn the chocolate. Finish the melting by vigorously stirring in the bowl.
- Add in the baking powder. If it cools down, heat for a couple seconds in the microwave and then add one egg. Stir until completely blended. (This takes patience and time). Once blended, add the other two eggs and mix well. Add the remaining ingredients and combine.
- Add wet to dry and mix well. Let batter set for a few minutes while you prepare pans for 9 cupcakes. (I use silicone cupcake liners).
- Place batter evenly in liners with an ice cream scoop. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until the top is firm to touch. Cool completely and store in ziplock bag in fridge (remember there is no sugar to preserve them).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!