Mock Lobster Casserole
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs haddock fillets
- 1 cup canned cream of shrimp soup (or frozen and thawed)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced onion
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs or 3/4 cup crushed Ritz cracker
- PLACE fish in greased 2 quart casserole.
- SPRINKLE with salt.
- MIX soup with sherry or lemon juice.
- POUR over fish.
- BAKE uncovered for 20 minutes at 375 degrees.
- While baking, SAUTE onion and garlic in butter.
- REMOVE from heat and add Worcestershire sauce.
- Then BLEND with crumbs.
- SPRINKLE crumb mixture over fish and bake 10 minutes more.
- This is quite a nice dish to bring to a gathering.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am all about entertaining, good food, great people, lovely music to suit the moment, the whole enchilada. Reading recipes when I am at a loss as to what to do, makes me happy. Love to walk, swim for hours, slow dance, salsa, ski when I am out West, and cherish family and friends.