- Ready In:
- 1 lb tilapia fillet, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 -2 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped and divided
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large green bell pepper, halved crosswise and thinly sliced
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup white onion, very thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup green olives, quartered
- 1 avocado, chopped
- Place tilapia in a medium skillet. Cover with water.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, remove from the heat,.
- cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place jalapeño to taste in a small bowl and whisk in lime juice, 2 tablespoons cilantro, oregano and salt.
- Transfer the tilapia to a large, shallow, nonreactive dish with a slotted spoon and pour the lime juice mixture over the top.
- Add bell pepper, tomato, onion and olives; gently mix to combine. (It’s OK if the tilapia breaks apart.)
- Cover and chill for at least 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cilantro and avocado just before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a food junky. I also work very hard to eat a healthy varied diet. Almost every weekend i'll spend several hours experimenting to make a delicious nutritious new handful of recipes. When i'm not cooking i'm looking for the next hiking/camping/ backpacking/kayaking trip to take. I swear I'm solar powered. I have a beautiful dog who accompanies me on nearly all trips. I also have a wonderful husband whome holds down the fort until my return. My poor hubby does not have a healthy food palate. He provides me plenty of challenge trying to find healthier (but not obviously) savory foods.