Mizithra Browned Butter Pasta
photo by lazyme
- Ready In:
- 1 lb pasta
- 1⁄2 - 1 cup butter or 1/2-1 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup mizithra cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh Greek oregano
- Cook pasta in large pot of salted, boiling water until al dente. Drain.
- When pasta is almost done, start slowly melting butter over medium heat until golden and bubbles subside. Saute garlic and toss pasta with butter garlic mixture. Sprinkle with cheese & herbs to taste. Sprinkle some fresh cracked black pepper. Enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I thought this was very good. It is always hard to recapture food memories but this is close to the Spaghetti Factory experience. I did cut the butter in half but next time I would not make such a huge cut. After all, the title of the recipe includes butter so it needs to taste like butter. As I had it today I would only give 4 stars but I do think if I had followed the recipe it would be a 5 so am going with that. I did use the hard Myzithra which was easy to grate. I am so happy to have this recipe. It was made for ZWT4. Thanks so much for sharing your recipe.
I liked this dish a lot. Reviewing for ZWT II. I give it 5 stars as a side dish, but I felt it needed a little more to stand on it's own as an entree (I think I am in the minority on this). I think it would do great accompanying a strong flavored meat dish. I added some chopped uncooked tomatoes and more oregano. I think I added just a touch too much pasta, so their wasn't quite enough sauce, I used a "tube" noodle, maybe I should have just used spaghetti. I will definitely make this again.
see 3 more reviews