Mixed Seed Crisp Bread
- Ready In:
- 4 flour tortillas
- 4 teaspoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons crushed black pepper
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 3⁄4 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons minced cilantro
- Heat oven to 425°.
- Spread each tortilla with 1 teaspoon butter.
- Combine pepper, sesame seeds, poppy seeds, caraway seeds and salt in a small bowl; sprinkle evenly over tortillas.
- Place tortillas on a baking sheet; bake until crisp, about 4-5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and serve hot.
Join The Conversation
These were really pretty good. Went well with the cilantro feta dip as others mentioned. Would also be good with hummus, I think. We had this tonight at poker night...our health conscious friend ate quite a few. I made them in the toaster oven, but watch carefully or they'll get a little too done! A lot of the topping seemed to fall off, so I reused as I made each batch. Also, left out the caraway seeds (didn't have on hand) and reduced amount of poppy seeds. Tasty and much cheaper than buying bagel crisps of the like at the store!
PERFECT! Like winkki, I served it with recipe 84286, the Cilantro Feta Dip, which was a great idea (thanks, winkki!). Strangely, I managed to forget the cilantro in this recipe, but it didn't matter as these chips were scarfed up in no time by my husband and myself. I added sunflower seeds to half the recipe because...well, because I'm a seedy character, I suppose. Also, I cooked them for a couple of minutes longer and at 450 F for my retarded oven. Everything else was made as listed with phenomenal results. This was so "more-ish", I can't wait to make it again. I love fast and easy! Thank you so much for a recipe that went straight into my ENCORE cookbook!