Mini Crab Cakes With Lemon-Dill Aioli
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill weed, minced
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 large brown egg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 3 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 4 (6 ounce) cans crabmeat, well drained
- 1. For aioli, in a small bowl combine mayonnaise, lemon peel and juice, dill, and garlic. Mix well, cover, and refrigerate until crab cakes are ready.
- 2. For crab cakes, in a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, mustard, egg, cayenne, 1 cup bread crumbs, celery, red bell pepper, and green onion; mix well. Gently stir in crabmeat.
- 3. Place remaining 2 cups bread crumbs in a shallow dish. Shape crab into small cakes (about 1 1/2-in. diameter); coat with bread crumbs, pressing gently to adhere.
- 4. Place apart in two oiled 12- by- 17-in. rimmed baking pans. Bake in a 500° oven for 7 minutes, switch pan positions, and continue baking until golden brown, about 7 minutes longer. Serve hot with aioli.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!