Mild Chili Sauce
- Ready In:
- 1hr 45mins
8 250 ml jars
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons whole mixed pickling spices
- 12 medium tomatoes, ripe, peeled and chopped
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 1 small head of celery, finely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 small red pepper, chopped
- Tie spices in a cheese cloth or place in a tea ball.
- Combine all ingredients and bring to a boil. Turn heat down and cook slowly for 1 hour, stirring frequently.
- Ladle into sterilze jars and seal immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
3 sticks of celery 2 green peppers can of diced tomatoes half an onion 2 big cans of tomato sauce one small can of tomato paste pound of hamburger red kidney beans 2 cans chili seasoning mix 3 packages tit assault Touch of sugar fried the hamburger with the vegetables draining put the seasoning mix in it let it simmer half a cup of water mix all together put in a crock pot for 4 hours and have fun afterwards that was my dad's favorite chili recipe and he passed away and now I want you all to enjoy it thank you have a nice day
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>What can I say? I have been dabbling in the Kitchen for about thirty years and have gone from making Kraft Dinner to preparing international cuisine. Though my cooking skills are far from perfect, I have had a few compliments on the meals that I have provided. I enjoy cooking especially when cooking for friends. I have chosen to post my favourite recipes here on Recipezaar for those who wish to make them and for the friends who keep asking for them! Enjoy!</p>