Microwave Apple Banana Muffins Fakeout
- Ready In:
- 2⁄3 cup instant oats
- 1 banana (ripe, mashed)
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce (or 1 Mott's Snack Cup)
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- brown sugar
- Combine banana, apple sauce, oil and egg with a fork until smooth.
- Add oats, sugar (OPTIONAL) and spices and allow to soak for up to 20 minutes.
- Add baking soda.
- Microwave on HIGH for 1-2 minutes in a mug or ceramic cup (I used a tea cup). Cooking times will vary depending on strength of microwave, so watch it to make sure it does not over flow.
- Allow to cool for about 5 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I must admit I was kind of skeptical about this recipe, but I was looking for a recipe to use up some oats so I gave it a try and I was very pleasantly surprised how well it worked, although I had to guess how much baking soda to use. I didn't have pumpkin pie spice or all the ingredients necessary to make my own, so I used cinnamon and vanilla extract instead. Definitely a recipe to make again: it really was very good.