Mexican Margarita Trifle
- Ready In:
1 trifle dish
- In a large dry skillet, toast coconut over medium heat until browned and toasted. Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sweetened condensed milk and key lime juice. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, whip heavy whipping cream with a hand mixer until it begins to thicken. Add confectioner's sugar and continue to whip until stiff peaks form.
- Cut cake into small chunks.
- Using a trifle dish (or any clear bowl), begin to layer the trifle. Start with a layer of cake (use 1/3 of the cake). Drizzle the cake with tequila, then pour 1/3 of the key lime mixture over it. Spread 1/3 of the whipped cream, and then sprinkle with toasted coconut.
- Repeat two more times.
- Chill in the refrigerator for two hours or until ready to serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!