MEXICAN BURGERS With AVOCADO SPREAD
photo by clubfoody
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 6 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chile in adobo (pureed)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 hamburger buns
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, panko, onion, jalapeño peppers, chipotle pepper, cilantro, cumin, freshly black pepper and cheese. Divide mixture into 4 equal portions and form 4 patties. Place them in a plate, cover with plastic wrap and transfer to the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- The stuffed version: mix all the ingredients except cheese and form 6 balls but 3 bigger than the others. Create a well in the center of the biggest ones and add 2 tablespoons cheese per. Place the smaller patties on top and seal. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- AVOCADO SPREAD INGREDIENTS - 1 avocado, seeded & scooped - juice of 1/4 lime - 2 tablespoons crema or light sour cream - 1 small clove garlic, minced - couple dashes hot sauce such as Cholula®.
- AVOCADO SPREAD - In a small bowl, scoop avocado and add lime juice; mashed with a fork until smooth. Add sour cream, garlic, hot sauce and freshly ground black pepper; stir until well blended. Transfer spread to the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Preheated BBQ. Grill burger at 500ºF for 7 minutes per side. If desired, about 3 minutes before the end of cooking, place 3 thin slices of cheese per burger. Spread avocado mixture to top buns and garnish to liking.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
clubfoody.com is about combining fresh ingredients, herbs and spices. This is a fun destination for foodies who love new recipes complete with videos and kitchen tips.