- Ready In:
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups taco sauce (or salsa)
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3⁄4 cup acini di pepe pasta, uncooked
- 3⁄4 cup sliced black olives
- cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, mix the meat with the taco seasoning and shape into 1-inch meatballs.
- In a large stockpot, cook the meatballs, turning frequently, until brown and drain the fat.
- Add the water, taco sauce, beans with their liquid, and tomato paste. Heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Return the soup to a boil and stir in the uncooked acini di pepe.
- Boil, stirring frequently, for about 14 minutes or until the pasta is tender. Stir in the black olives.
- Sprinkle each serving with chedder cheese and top with sour cream if desired. You can also garnish with tortilla chips if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!