Mega Chicky-Cheesy Penne Pasta
Grown-up mac and cheese, though my 1 year old also devoured it! I love the combination of cheese and the subtle flavor from the peppers, onions and garlic. I'm going to add broccoli as well the next time I make this.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb penne pasta, cooked according to directions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup bell pepper, chopped (I use yellow, red and green)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup chicken, shredded (I used poached)
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (I use a Mexican blend)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- Saute onion, peppers and garlic in olive oil until soft. Season with oregano.
- In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese with shredded cheese and Parmesan.
- Add soup and milk and stir to combine.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add softened vegetables, shredded cooked chicken and finally fold in the cooked pasta.
- Pour into a greased casserole dish, top with additional shredded cheese and cover with foil.
- Cook for 25 minutes. Remove foil and cook for another 5-10 or until top if browned and bubbly.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is a great dish, but there were some details missing from it that would assist. We baked at 375 for 25 min and 425 the last 10 when the foil came off. On step 2, hold back 1/4 cup of the shredded cheese to put on the top before baking. All in all, had great flavor and made a great meal - served with spinach salad. Will make again.Reply