Mediterranean Salmon Foil Packets
- Ready In:
- Prepare outdoor grill for covered direct grilling over medium-high heat.
- Trim ends from yellow squash and zucchini. With vegetable peeler, peel squash and zucchini lengthwise into long thin ribbons.
- Transfer ribbons to a foil cooking bag. (Or, place two 30" by 18" sheets heavy-duty foil on work surface to make a double thickness.).
- Sprinkle tomatoes, olives, basil, oil, and 1/2 teaspoon salt over squash and zucchini ribbons. Sprinkle lemon peel and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt over salmon.
- Place salmon on top of squash mixture; seal bag. (Or, if using foil, bring long sides of foil up and over salmon; fold several times to seal well, then fold in ends to seal tightly.).
- Place foil packet on grill rack. Cover grill and cook 12 minutes.
- When salmon is done, cut an X in top of foil packet to let steam escape, then carefully pull back foil to open.
- Slide vegetables and salmon onto 4 dinner plates to serve. Top with feta cheese as desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>We own a small ranch located in Napa, California. We used to be considered odd because we grew most of our food and lived frugally. Now we are viewed as trendy- go figure!</p> <p>Anyway, we raise chickens for meat and eggs, have tons of fruits and vegetables and do it all without using pesticides or chemicals.</p> <p>We also cook almost everything we eat from scratch. It takes a lot longer, but ours is the house that everyone wants an invitation to dinner at.</p>