Meat and Mushroom Pub Pies
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 frozen puff pastry sheet, defrosted
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 6 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme, crushed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned beef broth, fat-free low-sodium
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas, rinsed with cold water and drained
- Preheat oven to 450°F On a lightly floured surface, roll out pastry to 6-inch square. Using a sharp knife, cut into twelve 1/2-inch strips.
- In a heavy skillet over medium-high heat, brown beef, mushrooms, and onion until beef is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle mixture with thyme and flour. Add beef broth and steak sauce; cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Stir in peas. Spoon mixture into individual casserole dishes about 5 inches in diameter.
- Arrange two pastry strips in a wide X over each casserole. Place a third strip across the center. Press overhangs firmly to sides of casseroles to seal.
- Bake until pastry is puffed and golden brown, about 12 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My husband and I are pastors who work with college students and young adults and we absolutely love it! The students are my "kids" and constantly teach me new things and keep my life interesting. I have posted many recipes here at their behest. Sometimes I think they just love me 'cause they know that can come over and get a fresh homecooked meal -a great break from their sketchy college cafeteria food! I grew up in a beautiful, loud, fun, albeit slightly crazy, Spanish-Italian family where cooking is not just about putting food on the table -it is an art. An intense, passionate art of carefully guarded secret recipes. So cooking is in my blood and I enjoy it immensely. I love having dinner parties just so I can whip up fancy new recipes. And the college students are always happy to be my guests!