Marzipan Date Bars
This is the third installment of my date bar experiments! I love dates and I love to see what I can make out of them! I put a layer of marzipan in these date bars and they turned out really good! I hope you like them!
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup flour (I use whole wheat pastry flour)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups oats
- 1 (8 ounce) package chopped dates (I like Amport brand)
- 1 (7 ounce) package pure almond paste (I use Odense brand)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream butter and both sugars together in a large bowl.
- Add egg and vanilla then blend well. Next add flour, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Add oats and dates and stir to blend.
- Press half the date mixture into an ungreased 8X8 glass baking dish.
- Roll the almond paste between 2 sheets of wax paper to form an 8X8 square.
- Place the almond paste on top of the date layer in the dish and press into place.
- Put the rest of the date mix on top of the marzipan layer and press it flat on top.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes or more before cutting.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION