- Ready In:
1 pound candy
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons boiling water
- 3 drops peppermint oil
- food coloring
- granulated sugar
- On a piece of waxed paper or other protective surface, make a mound of the powered sugar and form a well in the middle.
- Cut the butter into small pieces into the well.
- Pour in the boiling water.
- Knead the dough until it is well mixed.
- Add the peppermint oil and food coloring and knead again until the color is even.
- To mold, scoop out 1/2 teaspoon of dough ad roll in granulated sugar.
- Press the ball into the mold.
- Refridgerate until it is firm.
- Unmold on a piece of waxed paper and allow to dry.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Strangely enough, I've become a better cook to lose weight. I joined eDiets and lost 100 pounds. Now I'm on the look out for tasty recipes that are easy to fix (I teach and often don't get home until after 5PM). In addition to my kitchen, my favorite place is my garden. I have a combination flower/herb/veggie garden and love to grow a variety of vintage or unusual plants. Because I teach I actually DO get a month off. I get up early to garden, sleep the hot afternoons away, then cook, read and watch movies. My favorite cookbooks are Crazy Plates and Looneyspoons. They are full of delicious, lowfat recipes with tons of trivia and humor. I teach science in a converted home ec kitchen. I love to use food as a teaching tool - making cheese to teach enzyme action, pickles to teach osmosis and diffusion, fudge to demonstrate igneous rock formation. I love kitchen gadgets, KitchenAid, Le Creuset cookware and my cats.