Mary Jane's Brownies
- Ready In:
- 11 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 beaten eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 tablespoons white Karo
- 2 cups sifted powdered sugar (measure after sifting)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
- Prepare your pan (shortening, butter, spray etc.) See description for pan options.
- Melt butter in saucepan and add cocoa and sugar. Stir and remove from heat.
- Add the Flour, salt, vanilla and nuts.
- Pour into pan and bake at 350 for 25 minutes for 11x13, 30 minutes for smaller pans. Do not over bake!
- Five minutes before the end of cooking time start the icing.
- Melt in saucepan the water, butter, cocoa, and karo syrup. Stir as it melts. Remove from heat and stir in the powdered sugar and vanilla. Stir to remove any lumps and pour over warm brownies. Let cool before slicing.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!