- Ready In:
- 12hrs 15mins
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon A.1. Original Sauce
- 1 tablespoon corn oil
- 1 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1 teaspoon Heinz 57 steak sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 - 2 lbs ground round
- Mix all ingredients except ground round.
- Shape ground round into patties, 3/4" thick.
- Place in a covered container and pour the marinade mixture over them.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate 12 hours or overnight, turning patties frequently.
- Remove from marinade and sear over high heat to seal in the juices.
Join The Conversation
The intrigue of a marinated burger consumed me. I found these leaned a little towards being too tart, perhaps because of the acidity. I had hoped, too, that the marinade would penetrate the burgers to a certain degree. I haven't given up on this notion and feel inspired to try it again with a few tweeks. Made for Alphabet Soup Tag.
I was a bit skeptical about this recipe because we generally don't like worcestershire/A-1 sauce marinades, but the interesting additional ingredients forced me to try it. So glad, too--a nice marinade that lets the meat's taste come through, but with added flavor and juiciness. It was a little hard to keep the patties together, but once they hit the grill they stayed formed. Thanks, VA.