Marbled Berry Panna Cotta
photo by Chef floWer
- Ready In:
- Berry puree - Put berries & raw sugar in a small saucepan and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Simmer 10 minutes or until thick and syrupy. Set aside to cool totally.
- When cool, sieve to remove pips & set aside.
- Panna Cotta - Put cream, powdered sugar & vanilla bean in a saucepan over low heat & simmer slowly, stirring occasionally, until liquid is reduced by approximately one third. Remove from the heat.
- Put gelatine in a bowl, cover with the milk & stand for 5 minutes.
- Stir into cream mixture and simmer for 1 minute longer.
- Remove vanilla bean & allow mixture to cool.
- Put a spoonful of the berry puree in the bottom 4 clear glass moulds/ramekins/glasses, swirling it up the side of each one.
- Fill immediately with cooled panna cotta mixture. Cover & refrigerate for 4-6 hours or until firm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Yum! This was such an easy desert and very pretty for dinner guest. I made this recipe for Little Miss (DD) and at the same time I made Recipe #229455 for hubby, both recipes use the same Panna Cotta mixture, so the whole family was happy. Kept to the recipe except used lactose free milk, cream and vegan gelatine. I had a little trouble with the berry puree, I think I left it on the stove for to long and was unable to strain it properly so I used the seeds as well. However it didn't take away from the taste, just didn't have the marble affect. Thank you LittleKiwiChook - *Made for Zaar World Tour 4*