Maple-Walnut Pumpkin Pie
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 pie crust, uncooked
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, cold
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- walnuts, chopped, if desired
- Heat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place pie crust in 9-inch glass pie pan.
- In large bowl with electric mixer, beat filling ingredients until smooth. Pour into pie crust. Bake 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix ¼ cup brown sugar, chopped walnuts and flour; cut in butter until crumbly. Set aside.
- Remove pie from oven; reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Sprinkle streusel over pie. Cover crust edge with 3-inch wide strips of foil to prevent excessive browning.
- Return to oven; bake 30 to 35 minutes longer or until knife inserted 1 inch from edge comes out clean. Cool completely, about 2 hours.
- Serve or refrigerate until serving time.
- To serve, in medium bowl with electric mixer, beat whipping cream and 2 tbsp brown sugar on medium-high speed until soft peaks form.
- Serve pie with whipped cream and sprinkle with chopped walnuts.
- Store in refrigerator.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!