Maple Shortbread Cookies - Rolled Version
photo by Diana 2
- Ready In:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup maple sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt, omit if using salted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon maple extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons maple sugar, for topping
- Beat the butter with the sugars, salt, vanilla and maple extract, until well blended.
- Beat in the flour to form a smooth dough. The dough will be crumbly at first, but will come together as it's mixed.
- Divide the dough in half, pat each half into a disk, wrap well and chill for about an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350*F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper, or grease lightly.
- Sprinkle the dough and your work surface lightly with flour.
- Roll the dough till it's a scant 1/4" thick.
- Cut cookies with a cutter and place on the prepared baking sheets. Sprinkle with the extra maple sugar.
- Bake for 10 - 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Let sit on the baking sheet for several minutes before moving to a rack to cool completely.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!