Maple Nut Granola
- Ready In:
32 1/4 cup
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups cashews (coarsely chopped, or any combination of almonds, walnuts, cashews, hazelnuts)
- 6 cups rolled oats (not quick or instant)
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds or 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Set out an un-oiled baking sheet.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, warm the oil, syrup, and salt. Stir in the vanilla.
- Place the nuts, oats, and seeds in a large bowl and stir together. While stirring, slowing pour in the warm syrup mixture and thoroughly combine.
- Spread mixture in an even, thin layer out on your baking sheet. Bake for about 20 minute Keep a close eye on things--if anything start to burn, mix it up and spread it out again in the pan (stuff on the edges can sometimes cook too fast).
- Remove from oven. If you like your granola clumpy, squeeze it into clumps and let cool on pans. If you like it without clumps, stir frequently while it cools.
- The granola will keep well for several weeks in an airtight jar at room temperature. It is nice with thick plain yogurt and a few blueberries and stirred with a tablespoon of almond butter.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!