Maple Frosted Pumpkin Cookies
photo by spreadnjoy
- Ready In:
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk or 1/4 cup milk, of your choice
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring (or more)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 - 2 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- Cream shortening and brown sugar until light.
- Add pumpkin and vanilla and mix well.
- In separate bowl combine flour, b. powder, b. soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Gradually add into pumpkin mixture, stiring to combine all ingredients well.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto parchment covered cookie sheet.
- Bake 375 13-15 min or until firm. Do not over bake, or risk dry cookies Bake all cookies before making frosting.
- For Frosting, combine butter, b. sugar, and milk in saucepan bring to boil over medium heat stirring constantly. Boil 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add maple and vanilla flavorings- do not add while on heat!
- Cool slightly, beat enough powdered sugar in to achieve spreadable consistancy. Icing will thicken and harden as it cools, so work quickly to top cookies with frosting while it is warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a single working mother of three small children. i love to cook... when i have the time!! i think cooking is almost therepy for me, i love to create- then serve it to others to watch them enjoy