Maple Chipotle Barbecue Sauce
- Ready In:
- 3 large chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1⁄4 cup tomato ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup 100% pure maple syrup
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a blender.
- Heat oil in medium saucepan over moderately high heat, until hot, but not smoking; add onion and garlic and cook until golden, roughly 5 minutes.
- Add chipotle puree, season with salt and pepper and cook over low heat, roughly 15 minutes, until thickened.
- Stir in lemon juice and allow to cool.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!