Mango Brown Betty
photo by Bonnie G #2
- Ready In:
- 3 large mangoes, sliced
- 1 cup granola cereal
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice and zest of, grated
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Place half the mangoes in a small baking dish and cover with 1/2 cup granola.
- Add the lemon juice and grated rind.
- Add remaining mangoes and add remaining granola.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and dot with butter. Add water.
- Bake at 375°F for 30 minutes.
- Serve either warm or cool.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this exactly as directed, no added sugar and for my family it was just right the brown sugar was plenty. Served over ice cream with a topping of whipped cream and it was wonderful. Went together so easy with simple directions. The hardest part I had was slicing that slippery mango. Made for ZWT 2011
I am giving this 5 stars based off of the simplicity of a very versatile recipe.. Meaning that this would be good with peachs, apples, etc. I did use mangos this time and will most likely will use peaches next time, due to the natural sweetness.. I did sprinkle 1 Tbsp. of raw sugar over the mangos before adding the lemon, rind, and granola, which in my opinion was JUST RIGHT!!! Not to sweet, not to sour.... Topped it with a scoop of vanilla icecream and enjoyed.. Thanks Maryland Jim for a KEEPER Recipe..