Mandelmusslor (Almond - Cream Tartlets With Berry Sauce)
- Ready In:
- Finely chop almonds in a food processor. Add 3/4 cup sugar and process until very finely ground. Add the flour and pulse until combined. Add the butter and pulse until the dough begins to come together. Transfer dough to a work surface and knead briefly until smooth.
- Heat oven to 400°F
- Divide dough into 32 equal pieces, about 1 ounce each. Press each dough piece into the bottom and sides of a 2-ounce baking tin (1 7/8" x 1 3/8"). Trim edges of each dough mold and place molded pastry crusts on a large rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper; refrigerate for 30 minutes. Prick the bottom of each pastry crust with a fork and bake until golden and set, 12-14 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.
- Berry Sauce:.
- Heat remaining sugar, lingonberries or raspberries, and orange juice in a 1-quart saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring frequently, until berries break down and sugar dissolves, 10 minutes; set aside to let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, whisk the heavy cream until soft peaks form; slowly add vanilla sugar to cream and beat until stiff peaks form. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Fill each cooled pastry crust with a heaping tablespoon of the whipped cream and top with a teaspoon of the berry sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love cooking for family and friends. I especially enjoy baking...it is like combining art and science to create something extraordinary. I am most known for making desserts like Recipe #336060. My pet peeve: when people sign-up to bring dessert to a pot-luck or dinner party and they bring something pre-made from the store. My friends and family now know to always let me bring the dessert. :) I enjoy traveling and believe that one of the best ways to experience a culture is through food. I have lived in Germany, Spain and Switzerland, and currently live in the US. My rating system: 5 stars - Excellent! Delicious! Could not be better...will make often. 4 stars - Very good! May tweak slightly. 3 stars - Good base recipe. Will need to tweak. 2 stars - Ok. Will keep looking. Cooking Contests & Games: <img src=http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/590105/hcabc.jpg> <img src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/annacia/Permanent%20Banners/snow-queens-sm.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a> <img src="http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj81/HokiesLady65/Banners/ST_AMBADGE.jpg"> <img src="http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a132/tgifford/Game%20Room%20Banners/AM%20Banners/holidaybadge.gif" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r317/j_welcome/pics2/food/PRMRcopy.jpg"> <img src="http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/Animation6.gif"> <img src="http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg"> <img src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/annacia/Permanent%20Banners/cc-banner-7-09.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a> <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Participation.jpg"> <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg">