Manchego-Stuffed Dates Wrapped in Bacon (Tapas)
- Ready In:
- Preheat broiler (high setting).
- Cut your cheese into small rectangles just large enough to fill the cavity of your pitted date.
- Stuff 1 piece of cheese into each date.
- Wrap each date with a piece of bacon.
- Place on baking sheet, seam side down, and broil for 4 minutes. Turn dates over and broil another 4 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- NOTE: you can put a toothpick in each AFTER cooking for the convenience of your guests (but they won't look as pretty).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Great cocktail party savory-sweet tapas. My only difficulty was my oddball broiler, designed to discourage use. As an experiment, I tried this as well with Calimyrna figs, and marinated one date and one fig in Heitz Cellar Grignolino Port prior to broiling. The dates were much easier to wrap with bacon, and the date held its form well after marination. The figs tasted great, but did not present as well. Served them with Heitz Cellar Girgnolino Port and Recipe #370300; the Port was better. Thank you for sharing this recipe, January Bride. Made for the Bodacious Brickhouse Babes for ZWT5.