Mama Zuquinis Pasta Arabica
- Ready In:
- 2 2 cups cooked beef (shredded or diced) or 2 cups cooked lamb (shredded or diced)
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes (Hunts)
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth or 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 3 12 cups cooked rice or 12 cups cooked couscous
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in large saucepan until hot. Add onion; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add tomatoes, broth, salt, cinnamon, coriander, pepper and cloves to saucepan; bring to a boil. Add choice of meats. Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in mint.
- Add sauteed zucchini and yellow squash for a side dish.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!