Mama D's Sweet Dragon’s Breath Stir Fry
photo by Mama Delilah
- Ready In:
- 1⁄3 cup tamari (or other high quality soy sauce)
- 3 tablespoons sriracha sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 lbs sirloin tip steaks, in thin slices, cut against the grain for optimum tenderness
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into medium sized wedges
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into medium sized wedges
- 4 jalapenos or 4 serrano peppers, seeded and sliced thinly
- 1 large onion, sliced into wedges
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 2 celery ribs, cut on a bias
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can bamboo shoots, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can baby corn, drained
- 3 tablespoons mongolian fire oil, divided (a chili and sesame oil mix)
- 1 (12 ounce) jar stir-fry sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup tamari
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- sriracha sauce
- 1 (3 ounce) can rice noodles
- hot cooked steamed rice
- Combine marinade ingredients. Place beef strips in resealable plastic bag. Pour marinade over beef and mix around to coat evenly. Seal , then marinade in refrigerator for a minimum of two hours. For best results marinade over night.
- Remove meat from marinade. Discard whatever is left.
- Heat fire oil in wok. When oil is heated add beef and stir fry until meat is browned. This will not take long, 5-7 minutes.
- Remove beet from wok and set to the side.
- Add another 2 tablespoons fire oil to wok. Add garlic peppers, onion, carrot, celery, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, and baby corn to wok and stir fry for about 10 minutes.
- Add beef into vegetables. Add stir fry sauce, reserving 3 ounces for later. Add brown sugar. Stir in well. Cook 10 more minutes.
- Combine reserved stir fry sauce, tamari, and cornstarch in bowl, mixing very well. Add to the stir fry stirring well to thicken sauce.
- Add sirachi sauce to taste.
- Add rice so serving plates or bowls. Sprinkle rice noodles over rice. Serve stir fry over rice and noodles.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!