Makeover Chocolate Texas Sheet Cake
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 cup Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightlly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 -3 tablespoons nonfat milk
- Sheet Cake:.
- In a saucepan, bring the butter, water and cocoa to a boil. Remove from the heat.
- Combine the flours, Splenda blend, baking soda and salt; stir into the butter mixture, blending well.
- Combine the eggs, sour cream and applesauce; stir into butter mixture until blended.
- Transfer to a 15-in x 10-in x 1-in baking pan coated with nonstick spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and confectioners' sugar.
- Add cocoa, vanilla and enough milk to achieve desired consistency.
- Spread over cake.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I just love reading recipes, dreaming how they will actually taste, and selecting those special recipes that prompt me to prepare them. The best part, though, is the thrill of cooking, relishing the delicious smells, and then comes the big event - tasting, eating, sharing, and making memories for loved ones! It gives me great pleasure to know that when I have family meals I am carrying on a tradition of all the women before me in our families. My mother,MIL, and grandmothers were excellent cooks. I have been blessed to have had the benefit of knowing other many wonderful friends and family members who prepared some pretty amazing meals in their kitchens. Did they share those recipes? Yes, they did! Well, maybe not all of them. If you had someone in your life who was a kitchen mentor, you will be able to retrieve your marvelous memories too! Because you love cooking as much as I do, in time I will be sharing recipes with you! I have so many cookbooks, but a favorite of mine is one I purchased in Ocean City, MD at the old Life Saving Station. It has several family members older recipes. My great grandmother's Oyster Stew is so dear to me as I didn't have any of her recipes. I have shared it as I have never come across any other like it. We really look forward to her oyster stew! About rating recipes...I will never write a negative rating because all of us can have an off day; it's just like dining out at a favorite restaurant. Once in awhile my most favorite dish is not up to par but that doesn't mean I won't order it again. Let's just say I feel each individual rating is subjective. Actually I'm more interested in the comments given to all recipes I make, including my own recipes. Recipe Zaar has allowed me to savor the regional foods all across our beloved United States of America and even beyond! I have even gained some special friends here. Thank you Recipe Zaar! Someday I hope to upgrade to a premium membership.