Maitre D'hotel Butter
photo by I'mPat
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 100 g butter, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- white pepper
- Cream the butter and mix it with the parsley, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Roll the butter in a cylinder or tube shape, wrap in foil and chill on the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- When ready, cut into slices to serve.
- ANCHOVY BUTTER~ Flavour the butter with 40gr of drained and finely chopped anchovy fillets.
- GARLIC BUTTER~ Flavour the butter with 3 crushed garlic cloves,
- GORGONZOLA BUTTER~ Mix the butter with 60gr Gorgonzola cheese.
- MUSTARD BUTTER ~ Mix the butter with 1 tablespoon of mustard. (your flavour/strength to taste).
- PRAWN BUTTER~ Mince or grind 40g of cooked, peeled prawns. Mix with the butter.
- SMOKED SALMON BUTTER~ Mince or grind 25gr of smoked salmon, and mix with the butter.
- TUNA BUTTER~ Mince or grind 50gr of drained canned tuna in brine or oil with the butter.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Very easy to make and really adds to the flavor of whatever you are putting it on. I made this into the garlic butter version by adding minced garlic. I used this flavorful butter on mashed potatoes, green beans and even broccoli. All were yummy. I can't wait to try this on a nice grilled steak. Made for June 2011 Aus/NZ Swap.