Macaroni, Tomato and Cheese
photo by Outta Here
- Ready In:
- Cook the pasta however long you prefer it (ex. al dente) then drain.
- While boiling the pasta open the can of tomatoes. If whole then cut into up to make them bite-size or smaller.
- While boiling grate the cheese. I make sure I have enough to coat the pasta when stirred in later.
- After draining the pasta add the tomatoes and the cheese. I leave the pot on burner on simmer to help warm up the tomatoes and melt the cheese. Stir in so it all melts together. You can add milk if you want more liquid than the tomatoes had.
- (optional) Add butter, margarine, salt or pepper either when mixing or as each person prefers on their plate.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
COMFORT FOOD! I love mac n' cheese fixed this way. My grandmother would fix it for me whenever I visited. No one else in the family liked it so I never got it at home. Thanks for "taking me back". It didn't say to drain the tomatoes, but I did, and glad I did, because it would have been to "wet" otherwise. Made for Fall 2012 PAC game.
Although it might be a bit different for me, this recipe is a nice change from the same ol' same ol' mac & cheese! I did use the lesser amount of tomatoes & the greater amount of cheese, but that was all within the limits suggested in the recipe! Very satisfying! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's Pick A Chef event]