Macaroni and Cheese Ala Isaac and Good and Plenty
- Ready In:
- Heat the milk and cream together to a boil.
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- When melted, add all the flour, stirring constantly.
- Let cook for 4 to 5 minutes, continuing to stir.
- Remove from heat, and add warm milk and cream while whisking-- if sauce is too thick, add a touch more milk.
- Add cheese to white sauce and stir.
- (Save a bit of cheese for the topping.) Stir sauce into macaroni and place in a buttered casserole dish.
- Place in 350-degree oven until slightly brown and bubbly on top-- 25 to 30 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Ok- I cannot WAIT to try this!!!! Isaac is phenominal as is the blessed mac and cheese..... I'll keep ya posted. (Tomorrow, probably!) **Update---- Yum, yum and yum again! This dish is sooo rich and creamy- easy to prepare and everyone loved it! I used small shells, slightly undercooked with white cheddar cheese in addition to the muenster. So delish! Thanks for sharing!