Luscious Mandarin Orange Cake
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Also from Betty Crocker -- what can I say she is my hero! :)
- Ready In:
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts, if desired
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange segments, undrained
- 4 eggs
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 (6 ounce) box vanilla flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix, mix
- 1⁄2 - 1 teaspoon grated orange peel, if desired
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping (thawed)
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease bottom only of 13x9-inch pan, or lightly spray.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, oil, walnuts, orange segments, and eggs with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds; beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Pour into pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- To make pineapple frosting, stir together pineapple, dry pudding mix and orange peel. Gently stir in whipped topping. Spread on cake. Store tightly covered in refrigerator.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
SarahBeth - this is a very moist and flavorful cake! The oranges throughout the cake take it totally over the top and then the pineapple whipped topping is wonderful in itself too (I want to make this to use to dip fruit too). Made for a light and refreshing dessert. Tagged in Newest Zaar Stars game. :)Reply