Low-Fat Vegan Brownies
Brownies sweetened with applesauce and agave nectar. Also great for diabetics (if Dr. ok's agave as a sweetner).
- Ready In:
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 cups agave nectar
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 Degrees F.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Pour in agave nectar, water, vegetable oil, applesauce and vanilla; mix until well blended. Spread evenly in a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until the top is no longer shiny. Let cool for at least 30 minutes before cutting into squares.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I am always looking for the perfect low-fat, low-sugar brownie and although this isn't it, it is the closest I have found. Chewy and chocolaty. A little bit "spongy", but not dry like most without fat and sugar. I used as a base for a brownie sundae with low-fat, no sugar added ice cream (not vegan, I know , but a good diabetic friendly dessert). Made for Fall 2009 My 3 Chefs game.Reply