Low Carb Crock Pot Italian Vegetable Soup
photo by newspapergal
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 15mins
- 1 (14 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (14 ounce) cans beef broth
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms, fresh or canned
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 zucchini, sliced thin
- 1⁄4 cup red wine or 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dried basil leaves
- 4 ounces turkey pepperoni, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar (I use Equal) or 1 g sugar substitute, packet (I use Equal)
- mozzarella cheese, for topping
- Place tomatoes, broth, wine, veggies, basil, salt and sugar into crock pot, mix well.
- Top with turkey pepperoni slices.
- Cook on High for 4 hours or on Low for 8 hours.
- Pour into individual soup bowls and top with mozzarella cheese.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is pretty good. I used half of a very large yellow onion, fresh mushrooms & followed your recipe. I added about a half-cup of water b/c it didn't seem quite brothy enough after I got everything in it. The only complaint I might have is against the turkey pepperoni - it just didn't seem to 'fit' this otherwise very flavorful soup. I wound up picking it out of my bowl. DH suggested maybe throwing in some leftover roast beef, or stew beef, which is what I think I'll do next time. Thank you! Gave our hectic Friday an easy & good-for-you dinner :)
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Welcome! I joined this website in 2001, as a new wife and Mom of a 1 y/o and I was 28 yrs old and did not know about cooking. I found this website cause I searched the web and wanted to find a good recipe for carrots! I found that recipe and so much more here over the years. I learned so much from this website and opened up my eyes to other recipes. I now am 46 y/o. I am now divorced and my then 1 y/o son is now a Marine. I have a wonderful man in my life that loves and appreciates my cooking and I thank this site for all of its help. I still come here for recipes. I hope you like my recipes and your family enjoys them also....there is many here and I love to pass them on.