Low-Carb Cream Treat with Strawberry Sauce
- Ready In:
- 1 quart heavy whipping cream (don't use light)
- 1 cup sugar substitute (i use splenda)
- 1 vanilla bean
- 2 packages unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 -3 packets sugar substitute
- Cream Treat: in a small saucepan, combine whipping cream and sugar substitute slice open vanilla bean and scoop out all the black vanilla seeds, adding them to the cream-sugar mix place over medium heat, stirring frequently until mixture begins to boil (about five minutes) remove from heat and let cool.
- add unflavored gelatin and stir until well mixed.
- pour mixture into either individual jell-o molds, one huge mold, even a pie tin and refrigerate until mixture hardens Sauce: combine sauce ingredients and simmer over low heat for about 20 minutes until water reduces run sauce through sieve and drizzle on cream mixture right before serving.
- you can also make this sauce with blueberries, raspberries, or any other low-carb (or even high-carb) fruit of your choice cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Well, I'm a newbie cook and recipezaar junkie. I realized about three years ago (at 24) that it was high time I learned how to cook, so I've been trying things since then. I'm nowhere near the cook I want to be and I still fumble things up in the kitchen, but someday soon, I know I'll make a meal I can be very proud of. Until then, my live-in boyfriend will have to endure (and eat with a smile) all the fumbles. Workwise, I'm an editor and writer, have worked in various media and genres ranging from business news to gay erotica. (Guess which one I liked more?) I'm currently earning my masters in journalism at USC while working parttime. I enjoy traveling, reading, writing, yoga, laughing, sleeping the day away and my bimonthly half-hour massages. I also enjoy the newest addition to my family, my little puppy Juice.