Loveless Cafe's Jam Bars
A recipe from Nashville's The Loveless Motel and Cafe published in the "Taste of the South" magazine. I love the flexible nature of this recipe since it will change flavor depending on the type of preserves you use. Simple steps you could cook with your kids, too.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup rolled oats (regular, NOT quick cooking)
- 1 1⁄2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cold and cut into slices
- 3⁄4 cup preserves, your choice of flavor
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Grease and line 13" x 9" x 9" baking pan with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, and pecans, mixing on lowest speed with an electric mixer.
- Add butter and beat until crumbs form.
- Reserve 1 1/2 cups of crumb mixture and set aside.
- Press remaining crumb mixture into bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Spread preserves over crust and top with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until top is golden.
- Cool completely before removing from pan and cutting.