Lorilyn's Dairy-Free Chocolate Buttercream
- Ready In:
2 cups frosting
- 1 1⁄4 cups dairy-free margarine (Nucoa brand)
- 4 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 -3 tablespoons rice milk
- Cream Nucoa in bowl of mixer.
- Sift together the powdered sugar and cocoa powder.
- Beat about 1 cup of the sugar mixture into the butter.
- Add vanilla and combine.
- Alternate adding the rest of the sugar mixture with the rice milk until everything is combined. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl often (especially if you double this batch).
- When combined, turn mixer to med-high speed and beat until frosting expands and becomes fluffy.
- Use a Wilton 1M tip to decorate cupcakes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hi! I am happily married with two children, 26 and 12. For nearly 10 years when this site was Recipezaar and then Food.com I hosted several different forums. I enjoyed making, creating, reviewing, and photographing recipes, but what I miss the most are the friendships I made here. I was Food Editor for the Mill Creek View Newspaper in Mill Creek, WA. for about 4 years during that time. Currently I am the office manager at a small mental health clinic. I'm not on this site much anymore, but I do continue to appreciate and respond to all reviews posted to my recipes.