Local Lamb With Raspberry Black Peppercorn Sauce
- Ready In:
- 12 fresh local lamb chops
- Dijon mustard
- chopped fresh rosemary
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
RASPBERRY BLACK PEPPERCORN SAUCE OR COULIS
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons milled black peppercorns (or 50 turns)
- Rub lamb lightly on both sides with Dijon mustard, rosemary and salt and pepper. heat oil in a frying pan on high temperature; add lamb, and sear on both sides until medium rare, approximately 3-4 minutes per side. Serve with a dollop of raspberry blackpeppercorn sauce.
- NOTE: Normally canola oil is a better bet for high heat; in this recipe there's enough fat in the lamb to keep the olive oil from burning.
RASPBERRY BLACKPEPPERCORN SAUCE OR COULIS:
- Stir ingredients in a saucepan; bring to a boil., Reduce heat and let simmer for 4-5 minutes. Use a whisk to break up raspberries. Make sauce ahead and reheat as needed. Strain sauce to remove seeds, creating a coulis, if people are intolerant of them.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a 56 year old Gramma that, for the first time in my life, has purchase myself a computer, and I didn't know what i was missing!! <br> <br>I have a husband tha I adore, and 4 grandchildren that of course surpass all others - lol - I am disabled, and am an at home person, so I have a lot of time on my hands, to play with my recipes, and I am enjoying every bit of it - <br>My husband will eat anything that I cook, so I have carte blanche as far as that goes, so I have a great time trying out new recipes. <br> <br>Paula Deen has published some of my favorite cookbooks, her recipes are easy and quick to do. Her sweets are fantastics, especially her pound cakes, Yummm <br> <br>I guess the dish that I am famous for is my Christmas ham - my family all comes home for Christmas, and if i don't have my ham they are dissapointed, and my grandson wants the pistachio squares!!! so I guess that is the dishes that I'm famous for.