Lobby (Traditional Beef Stew)
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 10mins
- Put the steak into the crock pot.
- Put vegetables and some water into a pan and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for approx 8 minutes.
- Drain the vegetables, reserving the cooking water, and add the veg to the crock pot.
- Add the cooking water from the vegetables to the gravy granules, use enough to make the gravy thick but not gloopy.
- Add the tomato paste, bouquet garni, sugar, worcestershire sauce and saly and pepper to the gravy mixture, stir and add to the crock pot.
- Cook for 30 minutes at high temperature then 7 hours at low temperature.
- Add the peas to the crock pot, cook for a further 30 minutes and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br />Happily married and the proud mum of a beautiful daughter aged 5 and a baby son who was born on 10/04/10. Really enjoy cooking and trying new recipes, especially north American, French, Greek and Mexican. Have many cookbooks which I often pick from but love Nigel Slaters recipes and attitude, Charmaine Solomon for her Asian recipes and I am also a subscriber to Good Food Mag. I try to source good quality ingredients particularly meat and organic veg as I believe that <br />good ingredients can make a meal truely special. Have been lucky enough to find a wonderful farmer/butcher in Wales who only sells his own produce which is fantastic and I always stock up on a whole lamb for the freezer when I go there! <br /><img src=http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg alt= /></p> <p> </p> <p><a href=http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_HycMLGzpJjc/S-3vqYbQ-3I/AAAAAAAAAAo/UwzmbgtkT30/s1600/MischiefMakers.jpg[/img></a></p>