'lite' Stuffed Mushrooms
This is a good appetizer to serve when you are watching calories. Leave out the jalapeno & garlic, if you wish they are good even without them. Try using a Portabello and if you can find them Black Garlic. - Wonderful flavor. Black Garlic are from Korea and are fermented in a special process - Very mellow flavor
- Ready In:
- 12 medium mushrooms, cleaned and stems removed
- 1⁄4 cup 2% fat cottage cheese (Apprx. depending on size of mushroom caps)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped fine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- cayenne pepper or chili powder
- Place the mushrooms in a baking dish.
- Mix cottage cheese, jalapeno and garlic.
- Spoon into the mushroom caps.
- Sprinkle with cayenne or chile.
- Have oven rack in second position down in the oven turn on broiler and broil the mushrooms until the cottage cheese is bubbly and slightly brown.
- Serve warm.