Limonny Kvas (Lemon Kvass)
- Ready In:
- 3 organic lemons
- 7 tablespoons honey
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar or 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar or 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 5 teaspoons brewer's yeast
- 6 tablespoons raisins
- Slice the lemons thinly and remove the seeds. Cover with 4 1/2 quarts boiling water in a large pot.
- Add the sugar and honey and leave to cool to room temperature.
- Add the yeast and leave to ferment in a warm place for 24 hours.
- Strain and pour into bottles together with the raisins distrbuted equally. Seal well, chill, and leave the lemon kvass to rest for 4 days.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!